I. Choose the word having the underlined letters pronounced differently (1pt)
1. A. how B. hour C. humorous D. h air
2. A. visit ed B. heat ed C. lock ed D. correspond ed
3. A. g enerous B. r eserved C. d evice D. e xperiment
4. A. st udy B. m usic C. f un D. s u bject
A. ourself B, ourselves C, itself D, itselves
A, ought B, has C, should D, must
A. on B. in C. under D. next
A. leave B. to leave C. leaving D. to leaving
A, feeling B, sense C, knowledge D, memory
A. not enough old to drive a car B. enough not old to drive a car
C. not old enough to drive a car D. enough old to drive a car
A. outside B. inside C. downstairs D. upstairs.
A. speak B. listen C. read D. write
III. Give the correct form of the verbs(1pt)
1,The sun ( rise ) in the East and sets in the west..
2, I’m going (tell) my parents about the result of my exam.
3, What time (you / go ) to the market tomorrow ?.
4, Last night , my children (make ) a lot of noise , so I couldn’t sleep.
Peter is my pen pal. He is fifteen years old. He lives in a house in London. He has lived there for ten years. He is an excellent student. He always works hard at school and gets good marks. He loves learning Vietnamese in his free time. He often practices writing letters in Vietnamese. Sometimes he helps me to correct my writing, and I help him to correct his spelling mistakes. Next summer, he is going to visit Ho Chi Minh City with his family. I’m expecting to see him.
1. Where does he live?
2. What does he like doing in his free time?
3.. Does he often practice Vietnamese by writing and reading?
4. Where is he going to do next summer ?
VI. Complete the passage with the suitable words in the box(1pt)
interesting visit because and neighbor autumn
VII. Use the following words to write meaningful sentences (1pt)
Lan was Hoa’s next-door (1)…….in Bac Giang. She is very beautiful. She has big brown eyes and a lovely smile. Last summer ,she went to Da Lat to (2)………Hoa. They traveled around the city and saw a lot of (3) ………….places such as waterfalls, flower gardens. Hoa likes living in Da Lat. Lan also likes living there……..(4)……… Da Lat is a very beautiful place and quiet . Lan is going to visit Hoa next summer and she will be there during the summer.
1.Why / not / he / go / movie theater / last night ?
2. We/ enjoy/ tell/ jokes.
3. I/ going/ see/ John/ tonight.
VIII. Write the second sentence so that it has a same meaning as the first (1pt)
4.She/ often/ have/ short holiday/ Christmas.
1. Tom wasn’t hard-working. He couldn’t get good marks.
2. Her hair is long and black.
3. My father smoked a lot 5 years ago but now he gives it up.
4. Swimming across this river is dangerous.
I. Choose the word having the underlined letters pronounced differently (1p)
Đáp án đề thi giữa kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2014
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.B
1.B 2.A 3.D 4.B
III. Give the correct form of the verbs(1p)
5.B 6.C 7.A 8.A
IV. Give the correct form of the words in brackets(1) V. Read and answer the questions:(2p)
1.rises 2. to tell 3. will you go 4. made
VI. Complete the passage with the suitable words in the box(1p)
1.lucky 2.interesting 3.peace 4. inventor
VII. Use the following words to write meaningful sentences (1p)
1. He lives ( in a house) inLondon.
2. He likes (loves ) learning Vietnamese in his free time.
3. No, he doesn’t/ No. He often practices Vietnamese by writing.
4. Next summer, he is going to visit Ho Chi Minh City with his family.
1. neighbor 2. visit 3. interesting 4. because
chúng tôi didn’t he go to the movie theater last night ?
2. We enjoy telling jokes.
VIII. Write the second sentence so that it has a same meaning as the first (1p)
3. I am going to see John tonight.
4. She often has a short holiday at Christmas.
1. Tom wasn’t hard – working enough to get good marks.
2. She has long black hair.
Các em thường xuyên truy cập chúng tôi để tham khảo đề thi và đáp án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa học kì 1 năm 2014. Nguồn Dethi.Violet
3. My father used to smoke a lot 5 years ago.
4. It is dangerous to swim across this river .